Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Chris Brown!




Today, one of R&B's most talented figures, Chris Brown, celebrates his 24th birthday!

Christopher Maurice Brown burst onto the music scene with his velvety voice, dynamic dancing, and schoolboy sweetness back in 2005. Since then, we have watched him rise to meteoric heights of fame and crushing personal valleys. 

Since 2009, the world has had their eyes on his every move and word. If he hasn't done anything else, he sure has been...interesting..to watch. Some are waiting patiently for him to spiral into a tabloid, drug addicted mess. Others hope that his gift of entertainment and eventual growth/maturity will bring him into a higher realm both personally and professionally.

When I look at Chris, I see past images of myself. I was young, wild, crazy, and deeply wounded inside. I can not imagine what it is like to have ALL of my bad decisions on fully display for the world to see. Even worse, I would hate to be continually condemned for the worst decision I have ever made in my life. Why? Because when I look back at that decision, I have punished MYSELF for it enough. I am sure Chris Brown feels the same way.

I am a positive person, so I wish him all the best and can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for him!

In honor of his birthday, I want to share one of my favorite Chris Brown songs, "With You"  :)

Love and Light,

-T. Amour






No comments: