Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Essence of Sade



My world has been spinning at an alarming rate. Each day frantically scampers by me as I focus on my daily routines. The rhythm of life beats so vibrantly, I barely get a chance to partake in the beauty of it all. I need to slow down. Relax. Release some things and some people. And enjoy life because when the curtain closes, you don't get an encore.

My favorite artist to listen to when I need to calm my spirit is Sade. Born Helen Folassade Adu, she is a British jazz singer and a rare jewel in music. Since rising to fame in the 80s with her band, also named Sade, she has become well known as a mysterious, classic beauty with a velvety contralto. To me, Sade is more than a pretty face and voice. She is a soul-soothing therapist.

 She has a legion of loyal fans who hunger for the rare, yet instantly classic, releases of new material, but she is not a celebrity. Sade chooses to be reclusive, only emerging to tour and share her talent with the world. She doesn't need scandals, heavy promotion, or a hyper-sexualized image to validate her talent. It speaks for itself.

Her voice is inimitable and touches the very of heart of a human being. And, she is beautiful, but in a quiet, natural way. If you have never heard her music and/or seen her in concert, you are missing out on an experience. Purchase Sade's Ultimate Collection...now.

Here is a sample of her released signature tracks...enjoy the essence of Sade.

1) "No Ordinary Love" (1992)


2) "The Sweetest Taboo" (1985)


3) "Kiss of Life" (1992)  *she is stunning in this video*


4) "Soldier of Love" (2010)


5) "Smooth Operator" (1992)


6) "Your Love is King" (1984)  *THIS. IS. LIVE.*



Sade, thank you for your iconic music and image.

I love Sade,

-T. Amour






No comments: