Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dream Life: What Will You Do?

Hi Guys,

Happy Saturday!! Quick question/thought for you...

When you are finally living your "dream life", what will you be doing? What will your profession be and how will you spend your days?

Since I am currently on a mission to become a novelist, freelance writer, and blogger for a living, I already know the answer to this question.

If you want to live a happy and purpose filled life, then you need to figure out where you want to be. Once you figure it out, then you have to take action and plan steps to get there. Nothing comes without work and sacrifice.

I was watching the 2009 Disney movie "The Princess and the Frog" with my daughter today, and I saw a lot of the lead character, Tiana, in myself. She is a young woman in 1920s New Orleans who has a dream of being a restaurant owner. However, despite working two jobs, she doesn't have the money and her "low" social status as a Black woman caused people to doubt and ridicule her for her dream. But, no matter what they said, she held her head high, maintained her integrity, and stayed focused on her goal.

Of course, she did happen to marry a prince with money. It's DISNEY. But, the underlying theme of hard work and perseverance is true and I want my daughter to see a real-life example of those traits in me. And, I know they are in all of us.

Remember this:

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

-T. Amour


No comments: