Saturday, November 16, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness: Catching Up, But Never Forgetting

Even though I have not posted this past week, I have still been keeping track of all the things I am thankful for.

Here it goes:

Days 8 & 9

I am thankful for my mom and dad. Lord knows they weren't perfect, but they tried their best. When I moved in with my college boyfriend (now husband) at 20, they supported my decision, even though they didn't think it was best for me. When I had my first child at 22 and out of wedlock, they didn't frown on me or condemn my pregnancy. They celebrated the new life inside of me and congratulated me on graduating college before becoming a mom.

My parents don't butt in and try to run my marriage or tell me how to parent. When I need someone to listen and not talk, they do it. And, the funny thing is, they have been divorced since I was 8, yet we are all spending Thanksgiving together this year :)

Week of November 10-16

I am thankful for the following:


  • Hot chocolate
  • Warm boots (it is cold here in Virginia)
  • The colors of fall
  • The sun (have you ever watched the sunrise/sunset???)
  • Hugs from my daughter
  • Good movies (Love Jones is my favorite)
It's all about enjoying the simple things in life!

With Love,

-T. Amour

No comments: