Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hiatus and Meditation




Hi Guys,

As you noticed, I took a couple of weeks off from blogging. Since I am a new blogger (less than one year), this was a hard decision to make. I am still arduously working to build a following, and in today's society of "24-hour insta-information", it is hard to go a day without updating or promoting Love Poetry. Love Music. Love Life!!

But, sometimes a hiatus is needed to refresh and refocus our minds. So, I took time to make advances on my pending novel, learn the art of meditation, and think about what I want my blog and writing career to be.

For me, meditation is now a staple in my daily routine. Like brushing my teeth and eating dinner, I will not go a day without taking just 15 minutes to clear my mind completely and just BE. The great thing about meditation is that it is free and truly for everyone. It does not matter if you are rich, poor, religious, atheist, or unsure about a higher power. We ALL need to unplug from the constant barrage of "reality" TV, social media, personal responsibilities, and everything else that distracts us from tapping into our inner peace.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to join Oprah and Deepak Chopra (a well-known physician and spiritual guru) in their 21-day meditation challenge starting tomorrow, March 11th.  It's a free program and I hope it helps me to deepen my connection with myself and my purpose. For those who want to join, the link is here:(Chopra Center Meditation Challenge)

How do you recharge and realign yourself with your destiny? Comment below!

With Love,

T. Amour

No comments: