Tuesday, April 23, 2013

National Poetry Month: Day 23: Reflections of this Month

There are only 7 days left in National Poetry Month!!

Have you been writing or reading poetry? I have been doing both!

Instead of posting a poem today, I decided to take a moment to reflect on what National Poetry Month has meant to me this year.

I challenged myself to do 30 poems in 30 days and I have been on target the entire month. Before this April, I would write a poem every now and then when the "urge" would strike. Honestly, I was too busy just trying to make it through my day to day life to worry about writing poetry!

Have you ever felt like you don't have time to do the things that bring you pure joy because you are bogged down with the mundane tasks of your day to day life?

Well, I will encourage you to make time!

Since I have been forcing myself to spend time in my creative space each day, my overall mood has improved, I am happier, and I have yet another wonderful moment to look forward to each day. When I get off work, I can't wait to get home to my computer, iPad, pen, and paper (I write on all of them).

We all get the same 24 hours each day and we are only granted ONE DAY AT A TIME. Whether you are religious or not, I think we can all pretty much agree that once this life ends, it is OVER. 

So, take time each day to write that song, read that book, paint that picture, stand in your garden, or do whatever brings you joy!

Happy Living!

-T. Amour 




No comments: