Monday, April 15, 2013

One Year of Blogging: Lessons and Goals



One year ago, I decided to start a blog. I was nervous and afraid that no one would bother to view my page. I didn't know exactly what I wanted my theme to be, but I did know that I loved poetry, music, and speaking words of life into others.

So much has changed in a year! Since starting Love Poetry. Love Music. Love Life, I have gained over 570 followers on Twitter, nearly 50 likes on Facebook, and my page has been viewed over 5500 times. While these numbers pale in comparison to major blog sites like Necole Bitchie and Perez Hilton, it's pretty damn good for a part-time blogger chick from North Carolina who wants to spread love and light to others.

The most important thing I have learned from blogging is to NOT compare myself to others. This journey of blogging is mine. I am in my own lane in my own race against myself. Plus, comparing myself to other people will get me no where in life.

In this second year of blogging, I want to take it to the next level by gaining more interactive followers, promoting hungry rising artists, doing interviews, and having lots of great contests!! I am working on a novel AND a book of poetry, and looking forward to another great year of growth.

No matter what, I will not stop until writing is my career!

And, I hope you don't quit until you achieve BEYOND your dreams :)

With Love,

-T. Amour

No comments: