Friday, May 11, 2012

Feel Good Friday!! 05/11

Man, today was a good day! My post yesterday is my highest-viewed post ever and even Amel Larrieux herself gave me a proverbial "thumbs up"!

Last Friday, I dedicated my post to Adam Yauch instead of doing a Feel-Good Friday post. But today, my list of extreme musical awesomeness is going to astound you with its orginality and lyrical prowess...Well, not really. I just want you to check these songs out and let loose cause its FRIDAY BABY!!!!!

Today, I am all about a 90s hip-hop/R&B party vibe. Let's take a (short) trip down memory lane....


  • "Feels Good" by Tony Toni Tone
  • "Poison" by Bell Biv Devoe 
    • *this song STILL goes at ANY party* 
  • "Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground 
    • *did anyone figure out how to do the Humpty dance? No? Okay..* And why do I still know all the words to this song?
  • "Whoop...There it Is" by Tag Team 
    • *idk what they are talking about, but this song is just plain funny. And there is a man who looks a lot like President Obama in the video...hmmm*
  • "My Boo" by Ghost Town DJs
    • *This is one of my favorite songs from the 90s. It just screams "backyard BBQ :) *
  • "Summertime" by Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff
    • *Can't go wrong with this one...EVER*
  • "Swing My Way" by KP and Envyi
    • *the singer is this group is from my small hometown area in NC*
For my readers who prefer other genres of music, take a listen anyway! You may find you like a song or two. And don't worry, I've got some rock, pop, classical, and even a lil country music coming your way on future Fridays :)

Have a good weekend! I will catch up to you Sunday.

Love Weekends,

-T. Amour

No comments: