Friday, May 25, 2012

Feel-Good Friday 05/25

I owe you an apology. I have been an extreme blogger slacker this week. But, I have not one, but THREE excuses. Here they are:

T. Amour's reasoning behind her slackness:

1) I am getting married next month. Yes, I am taking THE plunge into married life in about 3 weeks. So, every moment I am awake, I have something to do. Always.

2) I am tired. Why? Reason #1 + a demanding full-time job + everything else in my life = one exhausted lady!

3) My fiance had a birthday this week (on Wednesday). Family is first, so the Wednesday post was put aside.

Moving on....

I was off work and running crazy errands all day today. Although prematurely shifting gears into weekend warrior woman did not boost my energy level, I have gotten a chance to jam out to some amazing music today.

I'm not sure how the weather was in your area, but it was beautiful where I live. Sunny, bright, and very warm. The weather had me in a great mood today and I think my playlist reflects my attitude.

Here ya go!

  • Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff  - "Summertime" 
    • break out the grill, this is THE best summer joint ever!
  • Justin Timberlake  - "Summer Love"
  • Rihanna - "Where Have You Been" 
    • This is the best song from her latest album, Talk That Talk. Great dance/euro-pop vibe and her voice blends seamlessly with the heavily synthesized beat. She operates well within this genre.
  • J. Cole - "Simba" 
    • Check this one out for sure if you aren't familiar with J. Cole. He's extremely lyrical and underrated. This record is the first of a trilogy...you will see what I mean. Oh, he just can't wait to be king...
  • Actual Proof feat (well featuring a whole bunch of people. One of them being Kendrick Lamar...and he kills it) "Super Genius" 
    • *this song clocks in at nearly 10 minutes long and it is worth every minute. If you love hip-hop in its purest form, you will love this. Intelligent and exhilarating.*
  • Jhene Aiko - "2 Seconds"
    • This song feels like it is two seconds long. The full version is not out (to my knowledge) but I have been devouring the "snippet" all week long. Jhene was once heavily associated with B2K, but she is doing her own thing now. Thank God, cause this chick needs to shine!!
Have a good weekend! And remember, spend your time wisely...because there are no refunds!

Love Music,

-T. Amour

No comments: