Thursday, May 31, 2012

6 Songs to Put You in a Good Mood

I am grateful for everyday I am above ground. I hope you feel the same way! But, no matter how much we train our minds to be optimistic, we all have bad days. Life is not perfect and there are circumstances we have NO control over. As much as we hate to admit it...we are human beings and subject to error. So, on top of uncontrollable forces in our lives, we also stick our hand in the pot and often stir up more trouble for ourselves! *Sigh*

With all of the daily stressors in our life, we find ourselves viewing our existence in a dismal setting. However, you don't have to stay there! When I am feeling down, I do 3 things. I pray/meditate, I write down positive truths, and I listen to killer music!

For me, taking a few moments to do each of these things helps ease my mind about stressful situations. I cannot instruct you how to pray and meditate. You have to figure it out for yourself. And, only you know the positive truths about your life. But, I can give you a sample of the songs I listen to when I need a pick-me-up. 

*Warning: There are a couple of guilty pleasure songs on this list. Do not, I REPEAT, do not judge me!*

  • Luther Vandross - "Bad Boy (Having a Party)" 
    • First, Luther's voice makes me smile. He was a brilliant vocalist. Second, this song makes me want to dance and have a party. I mean an old school, back yard throw down in the country somewhere.
  • Michael Jackson - "Beat It"
    • Although any Michael song can go on this list, I do the dance moves when I am alone. I also play a mean air guitar. I'm not keen on Mike's strategy in the video to end gang violence....but I do want a sick red jacket.
  • Mary J Blige - "Just Fine"
    • This is another anthem in my life. No time for negativity! Love yourself and love your life!
  • Natasha Bedingfield - "Unwritten"
    • I told you not to judge me. Don't do it!
  • Shania Twain - "Man (I feel like a Woman)"
    • I know you know this song LOL! Shania has always been one of my favorite country stars. I love a woman who pushes the envelope and does things her way :)
  • Will Smith - "Gettin' Jiggy With It"
    • I have no excuse. I should feel ashamed for knowing all the words and doing the ridiculous dance that accompanies the song. But I don't. Na na na na na na naaaaaaa.
There is a huge compilation of  songs I could have on my list, but this post would be pages and pages long!! Perhaps a part two and three may come one day....

Love happiness,

-T. Amour

No comments: