Friday, May 18, 2012

Feel-Good Friday 05/18

Well, my weekend warrior and hectic work week finally caught up with me. My body said "you gone learn today" (Kevin Hart voice) and decided to shut down from a virus combined with exhaustion. So, I have been working from home this week and got a tiny taste of what my life will be like when I am my own boss. And it tasted pretty freakin' sweet (HA)! I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't feel like the living dead....

But, today is Friday, I am feeling well-rested and blessed, and I am ready to get back on my feet this weekend and enjoy some good times with my family! I hope you had a happy and healthy week. Even if you didn't, heeeeyyyy its Friday and the weekend has arrived.

My feel-good Friday list has no theme today. I listened to a good mix of artists from different genres. Here it is!!

  • Alicia Keys - "This Bed" 
    • *My favorite song from her 4th studio album, The Element of Freedom. Very solid album, by the way.*
  • Joan Jett & The Blackhearts "I love Rock & Roll" 
    • *Joan Jett is one of the coolest women on Earth IMO.*
  • Weezer "Beverly Hills"
    • *Cool outsider's anthem by this alternative rock/pop band
  • OutKast "Hey Ya"
    • *They are one of THEE most talented groups in music (not just hip-hop). Shake it like a Polaroid "pictcha"*
  • Rashad Reign feat J. Salt "Rose Gold"
    • *You may not know this artist, but he does hip-hop music in the DMV area. He's not signed to a major label (yet) and worth taking a listen to. Follow him on Twitter @BrandonRashad7 and look for him as a featured artist on my blog soon!*
Remember, your experience and opinions of music (especially today's music) is what you make it. Don't complain about music sucking if you don't take the time to support local acts and immerse yourself in an array of genres. Your options are limitless!

Love music,

-T. Amour

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Post