Friday, May 4, 2012

RIP ADAM YAUCH (aka MCA)

Hey you guys! I have been doing some traveling and visiting with family today, so I don't have a Feel-Good Friday post for you this week.

However, I couldn't let the night go by without paying respects to Mr. Adam Yauch, a founding member of the incomparable Beastie Boys. If you don't know about the Beastie Boys, you don't know anything about music. This group played a key role in the integration of hip-hop into the "mainstream" music arena!!

Known as MCA, Adam Yauch succumbed to a lengthy battle with cancer today. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Rest in Paradise MCA!

In his honor, I am posting one of my favorite Beastie Boys songs - (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party). I am working on a compliation of their best songs (popular and relatively unknown). Look for it on Sunday :)


*Music video by The Beastie Boys performing (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party). (C) 1986 The Island Def Jam Music Group*


Party on!

-T. Amour

No comments: