Wednesday, June 20, 2012

No Keys, No Drive - Get in the Driver's Seat!

Planning my wedding was the hardest few months of my life. Between working a full-time schedule at my out-of-town job, running around after work to complete my never-ending "to-do-list", and dealing with constant complaints and attitudes from some family and friends, I was going INSANE.

However, hindsight is indeed 20/20. I believe every experience we encounter can be used to elevate us to a new mental and emotional realm. My wedding saga was no different! I learned who my true friends and family were and who indeed cared for me and had my best interest at heart.

But, I learned a larger lesson. DON'T LET PEOPLE DRIVE YOU CRAZY. Think about that statement for a minute. What does a vehicle need in order to be driven? Keys and gas!! It's the same way with us. Don't let people around you fill your emotional tank up with bad gas. If you do, you are asking for a breakdown!

And, don't give people keys to your emotions! They can't drive you to "CrazyTown" if you don't allow them to have the keys and get behind the drivers seat. Drive your own emotional vehicle and take charge of your mental and emotional health.

I will admit, I had several moments when I let others get in the driver's seat. But, because I have a problem with relinquishing control for long periods of time, I made the decision that it was MY DAY, MY JOURNEY, and MY TIME. If someone wanted to operate in bitterness, jealousy, and pessimism, they could drive their own "vehicle" there all by themselves!!

ANNNNNDDDD on that note....let's groove to some Bobby Brown. It's My Prerogative ;)

*I own no rights to this video. All right reserved to the respective owners*



Love Sanity,

-T. Amour

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep "Drivin" you are so on the money.