Friday, June 29, 2012

The Return of Feel-Good Friday Music

You missed it. You know you did. And you missed me (unless this is your first time reading my blog).

I have missed myself the past couple of weeks. Today was actually a great day. I live in NC and realized that I don't want to go to hell if its any hotter than it is outside right now (about 100 degrees with heat index of 103). I had a chill day at work and now I am home relaxing with my AC on full blast. AAAHHHH....

Anywho, my playlist for this Friday is, as usual, a nice mix of genres and artists who I listened to today. But, before I share it with you, I want to let you know about some upcoming posts I have in the works for the next couple of weeks.

  • My first album review- check out my blog this weekend as I review Usher's latest effort, Looking for Myself.
  • Best of both worlds- an analysis of the Christian hip-hop genre and a look at some of my favorite "underground" artists
  • Rashad Reign- an interview with an up and coming DMV artist.
  • Drama Faces - The two sides of Chris Brown. This will be interesting.
  • The most poetic hip-hop artists (my opinion) and why

As you can see, I am trying to take it to the next level, so tell your friends about me!

Here's my Friday playlist!!

  • The Killers - "Somebody Told Me" 
  • Foo Fighters - "Best of You"
    • So, I always wondered how you fight foo. When I looked up what a "foo fighter"means, apparently it is a WWII term used to describe UFOs. So, the Foo Fighters are from outer space....
  • Maroon 5 - "Moves Like Jagger"
  • J. Cole - "Daddy's Little Girl"
  • Trina Braxton "Party Or Go Home"
    • This is my joint LOL
  • Tamia - "I'm So Into You"
    • She's coming out with a new CD soon. And yes I will buy it and love it. And you will hear about it. So deal.
 The list is super long, but these are just a few of my favorites today.

Have a great weekend and I'll catch up with you very soon!! Next blog post up: Usher Raymond

Love,

-T. Amour

No comments: