Sunday, April 29, 2012

Serene Sunday Silence

Where did the weekend go? I feel like I just got off Friday evening, but it is already after 5PM on Sunday. Wow...time flies when you are having fun! I hope your weekend was as enriching as mine. :)

As you know, music is a integral part of my existence, but today I find myself encapsulated in serene Sunday silence. Sometimes, we need to hang up the headphones, put down our pens, turn off our phones, and disconnect from electronic devices (well....I am blogging right now, but I will unplug later). We need silence to hear our inner voices. I know it sounds corny, but its true.

Everyday, we are out and about on our "daily grind". We live in a society where constant stimulation and entertainment is not only encouraged, but is a social norm. We have to take time to slow down and allow our thoughts to catch up with us!

I often feel like life "happens" to me and all I have time to do is react to its predicaments. Do you feel the same way? I would guess that you do. Instead of participating in a mental and physical pursuit of our rapidly changing  lives, let's slow down and take time to figure out how we are truly operating in this world. Are we pursing worthwhile ventures? Are we making the most out of our days? And, most importantly, are we taking the time to absorb and appreciate our blessings?

Just take 10 minutes this afternoon and immerse yourself in serene Sunday silence. Clear "to-do" lists from your mind, dismiss your agenda, and just let your mind wander. Reflect on the positive aspects of your life and dream of your future. Don't write anything down, just think!

Then, just breathe. No thoughts, just breathing. I promise, you will feel like a brand new person. You may even fall asleep...but it is okay. If your life is a hectic as mine, you could use the nap anyway....

You never know...you may learn something new about yourself. But, you can't hear yourself when you are always connected to the world.

Serenity and Silence,

-T. Amour

No comments: