Sunday, April 22, 2012

Visualize Your Victory and Validate Your Visions

Today is a perfect day (yes, those days DO happen sometimes). I'm at home on a rainy Sunday morning with a huge cup of coffee and a fresh bowl of fruit. My family and friends are alive and blessed. And, at this very moment, I am spending time doing something I love: writing!

There is a song dancing inside of me this morning, giving me the strength I need to dive into my week with boldness, confidence, and courage. This song is one of my choice weapons when I begin to doubt in my ability to attain and surpass my goals.

"Encourage Yourself" by Donald Lawrence instructs us to encourage ourselves, even though our circumstances may look grim. From the beginning, the lyrics are poignant and resonate in my spirit:

"Sometimes you have to encourage yourself,
Sometimes you have to speak victory during the test.
And no matter how you feel,
speak the word and you will be healed
Speak over yourself, encourage yourself in the Lord."

In short, we have to be our biggest fans on Earth. There will always be someone who will try to discourage our dreams, rob us of joy, and diminish our accomplishments! If we know this to be a general truth, then why should we willingly play on the opposing team and prematurely stunt our own growth? Last time I checked, no one roots for the team playing against their favorite team!!

Visualize your victory and validate your visions! It is your responsibility to speak blessings into your life. There is a reason the term "self-esteem" exists as opposed to "others-esteem". You can have hundreds of people who believe in your talents and potential, but until you look in the mirror and recognize the strengths others see in you, your life will not change.

Do you need more encouragement? No worries, God has your back! But, the game remains the same. Others can pray for you until they are blue in the face, but He wants to hear your voice and your petitions from YOUR own mouth. If you honestly believe in Him, then you know He dwells WITHIN YOU!!! Do you get it? Do you see how it all comes back to you?!?!

I feel better than I did when I started this post! As "Encourage Yourself" says, "When I minister to you, I minister to myself." Speaking to you speaks to me :)


Blessings and Breakthroughs,


- T. Amour

No comments: